Hi Aybe - thanks for your contributions! I need to ask you to do a few things however:
- Please do not post links to illegal material, such as the abandonware links you posted. Despite what some people think, abandonware is still illegal and a single DMCA takedown request over an abandonware link could bring down this entire wiki and destroy everything we have all worked for. So please be very careful about the links you post. There should be no mention of torrents or anything either. If you need to describe multiple versions of games, find some other way of identifying the version, such as a string in the .exe file.
- When you upload images, could you please make sure you give them meaningful names? PRES.PNG isn't very descriptive, and when there are many games in the wiki there needs to be some sort of order. Typically the filename should also have the name of the game in it, such as "The Blues Brothers PRES.SQZ.png" However the point of this wiki is not to provide conversions of game images, it is to provide information and tools for people to perform these conversions themselves (again because of the legal issues around hosting copyrighted material.) So generally beyond an image to illustrate a game or a file format, there is little need for images.
- When you do upload images, please make sure to categorise them correctly. If you can find a similar image for another game, you can click on the Edit tab to see what categories that image belongs to, and use the same for your own images.
Hopefully if you can help us out with these matters then it will keep the wiki informative and more importantly available for everyone to use! Thanks :-) -- Malvineous (talk) 10:09, 31 August 2014 (GMT)
- Thanks for removing the offending material, much appreciated :-) You are welcome to reply here. One last thing - please try to use the preview function and only save the page when you are done for a little while, otherwise if you save 10 times in 10 minutes then we get heaps of revisions to review instead of one easy big one :-) Thanks again! -- Malvineous (talk) 13:33, 31 August 2014 (GMT)
Hi Aybe - when you create pages for new games (or any new page really) see if you can find a similar page and copy the formatting from it, so that it fits in correctly with the rest of the wiki. For instance on Die Hard Trilogy the standard infobox expects the title screen capture to have a particular filename, so putting that on first will save having to stuff around with filenames on uploaded images. Thanks! -- Malvineous (talk) 09:21, 20 December 2014 (UTC)
- Hi ! I've fixed the page to look like others, still a work in progress though. Can you delete the previous screenshot because I couldn't find how to do it ? Thanks. Aybe (talk) 20:33, 20 December 2014 (UTC)