Hi, I am K1n9_Duk3 (that's King Duke, an inside joke for everyone who has seen the finale of Duke Nukem II).
I started implementing level viewers for some old games, both to test my skills and to verify the information found on this wiki. After a while, I started reverse-engineering some previously undocumented file formats and added the information to this wiki.
- Catacomb 1 + 2
- Cosmo's Cosmic Adventure
- Duke Nukem
- Duke Nukem II (now obsolete, please use the editor instead)
- Hocus Pocus
- Keen: Vorticons (& compatible games)
- Keen: Galaxy (& compatible games)
- Monster Bash & ScubaVenture
- Realms of Chaos
- Crystal Caves (unreleased)
- Major Stryker (unreleased)
- Blues Brothers (unreleased)
- K1n9_Duk3's Enormous Tool - a level- graphics- and sound-editor for Duke Nukem II (also known as Duke2Edit)
- LZH to DAT converter for Realms of Chaos (includes LHA.EXE)
- K1n9_Duk3's MIDI to IMF converter - converts files from MID Format to IMF Format
- K1n9_Duk3's IMF player - DOS tool that plays IMF songs
- K1n9_Duk3's IMF to WAV converter - converts IMF songs into wave files using the MAME OPL emulator
- K1n9_Duk3's IMF crusher - removes unneccessary instructions from IMF songs, truncates and converts them to a different rate or format
Some of the IMF tools above include GPL'ed C/C++ source code. The other tools and level viewers are written in BlitzMax and use customized code modules, which I'm reluctant to release under the GPL. Feel free to contact me if you want some code examples, though.