Hocus Pocus is a VGA platform game. The levels are notable for having some technical complexity, as tiles can be added and removed from maps in response to player actions.
The following tools are able to work with this game.
|HocusSharp||Microsoft .NET Framework||Edit||No||Some||No||No||Edit||No||No|
This section lists the file formats used in the game.
|hocus.dat||Group file storing most of the game data in DAT Format.|
|*.sav||Saved games in SAV Format.|
Files inside hocus.dat
The files stored inside hocus.dat have no filenames. See the DAT Format page for a list of which files are which. The formats used are:
- File #0 is a 1bpp (monochrome) 8×720 image, containing 90 8×8 glyphs used as the main game font
- Hocus Pocus Map Format - game levels
- MID Format - MIDIs are used for game music
- B800 Text - text screen shown at exit
- PCX Format - used for game graphics and map tiles
- Hocus Pocus Palette Format - used to store game palettes
- Hocus Pocus Image Format - used for game graphics that are not 320 × 200
- Hocus Pocus Sprite Format - used for sprites
- Hocus Pocus Text Format - used for story texts and ordering info
- Hocus Pocus Demo Format - used to store demo macros