Duke Nukem 3D
This is the main page for Duke Nukem 3D. For a complete list of all pages related to this game, visit the Duke Nukem 3D category page.
This section lists the major file formats used in the game.
- GRP Format - group file storing most of the game data
- ART Format - game graphics
- ANM Format - full-screen animations
- MAP Format - game levels
- VOC Format - game sounds
- MID Format - game music is in MIDI format
- RTS Format - Duke3D supports RemoteRidicule files
- DMO Format - level demo
- CON Format - game parameters and scripting
- B800 Text - DUKE3D.BIN is a text screen
- The game directory is searched for files before looking inside DUKE3D.GRP. This means when you replace a file you don't need to copy it inside DUKE3D.GRP to test it.
- The game has a command-line option to load custom .GRP files. This means you can package your mod into a single GRP file and distribute it easily. Any game files not in your .GRP file will be loaded from the main DUKE3D.GRP.