Death Rally Level Format
The TR?.BPA files in Death Rally contain data for each level, or "track".
Note: A Large image is 4 times the width and 4 times the height of a Small image. For example, TR1's Large images are 960×600, while TR1's Small images are 240×150.
- TR?-IMA.BPK: Large RIX3 image containing the base track image, minus any of the 3D polygon effects.
- TR?-LR1.BPK: Small RIX3 image containing what looks like how far a point is to the left or the right side of the track.
- TR?-MAS.BPK: Large RIX3 image containing what looks like the main track surface information.
- TR?-VAI.BPK: Small RIX3 image containing what looks like the checkpoints for each pixel on the track.
- TR?-BLO.TAB: 256 UINT8 values. Possibly for car shadows?
- TR?-DRV.DAT: 512 single-precision float values.
- TR?-FLIP.PAL: Standard VGA palette. Not the same palette as the TR?-IMA.BPK one.
- TR?-INF.BIN: 127 (U?)INT32LE values.
- TR?-LIT.TAB: 256 UINT8 values. Possibly for car headlamp lighting?
- TR?-OHI.DAT: 256 (U?)INT32LE values.
- TR?-SCE.BPK: A large file with a lot of INT32LE values in it. Probably 3D polygon data.
- TR?-SHA.BPK: A moderately-sized file consisting entirely of (U?)INT32LE values.
- TR?-SKI.TAB: 256 UINT8 values. Possibly for car skid marks?
This file format was reverse engineered by GreaseMonkey. If you find this information helpful in a project you're working on, please give credit where credit is due. (A link back to this wiki would be nice too!)