Dangerous Dave 3
In this installment Dave must rescue his younger brother Delbert again, this time from Dr Nemesis who has kidnapped him and trapped him in a remote castle. Like most Dave games, the story is scant at best.
Like Commander Keen Dreams who's engine it uses, there is no music in the game, and indeed the game is a cut-down version of Dreams, with saved games starting at the beginning of a level, fewer sounds and tiles, and almost no story.
- AudioT Format - used for storing sound and music data
- B800 Text - there are a couple of text screens in the main .EXE file (including the text displayed on the screen when you quit)
- Dave 3-4 Saved Game Format Games are saved in this
- EGAGraph Format - used for storing graphics, text and miscellaneous data
- Keen Dreams level Format - used for storing level maps
- Keen 4-6 Action Format Sprite's behaviors are governed by this
- Keen 4-6 Tileinfo Format Tile information are governed by this
- SLIB compression The title screen is compressed with this
Dave 3 uses the compressed version of the AudioT Format to store sound. The main audio file for the game is called AUDIO.DD3. The associated AUDIOHED and AUDIODCT files are stored in the executable.
There is no music in the game and there were no plans to include it, unlike in Keen Dreams.