This section is organised by category. If an editor supports more than one type of editing, such as level editing and graphics editing, it will be listed under both sections.
- TSMusic allows Vorticons mods to have IMF music works with:
- AdPlug – standalone DOS program and a Winamp/XMMS plugin for playing Keen's IMF music.
- IMF2MIDI – program to convert IMF songs into MIDI files.
- DRO2MIDI – improved program based on IMF2MIDI.
- DRO2IMF – program to convert DRO files to IMF files.
Story / Game Text Editors
Other editors and editing tools
- TileInfo Used to edit tile properties
- Dr. Kylstein's Tileset Editor Used to edit tile properties and make tilesets for the Vorticons 2 patch
- VorticonView a level viewer for Keen Vorticons
- The Neural Stunner
- The Patchotron
- UNLZEXE, needed to decompress the executable files
- UNP, needed to decompress the executable files
- For details on the file formats used by the games, see the Commander Keen 1–3 section on the ModdingWiki.
- There is a list of patches that can be incorporated into mods to change the game's behavior.