Vanished To Venus
Benvolio simultaneously released this mod, and Stopping the Skypest and Exiting Epsilon in early september 2004 as the Revenge of the Shikadi Trilogy. This multi-mod release from a previously unknown modder was an unprecedented act of publicity in the modding world.
It takes place on the planet Venus, the second closest planet to the sun. The story takes place after all the official Keen games, and is an interpretation of a storyline for Commander Keen created by Benvolio: Revenge Of The Shikadi.
- Graphics: custom graphics by Benvolio
- Levels: 17 levels
- includes a modified score panel, a modified EGA 16-colour pallette, slight use of tileinfo
- Tools used (incomplete list): ModKeen 1.0, CKPatch, KeenWright, TileInfo, Jasc Paint Shop Pro 7 and, later, 8.
- In accordance with Benvolio's policies of gameplay, there is no patch restricting the GOD or CT-SPACE cheats.
Commander Keen's spaceship, the Bean-With-Bacon Megarocket, is in need of new upgraded parts. Keen travels to Venus where there are new ship parts hidden in dangerous caverns. He must fight both the Shikadi and the vicious native Venusians. Mortimer has ordered that there should be strong protection put on the parts. When Commander Keen has found his four parts, he now recieves a message that Mortimer McMire has built a Destroyer Ship called the Skypest. Keen now must disable it or else Mortimer will destroy the Universe.
- Mortimer's Ship Parts: Plasma Ultra Fuel Unit, Laser Control Stick, Vorticon Fuel Storage Centre, Compound Hyperspace Blaster
- Ammo for ray pistol: increase Keen's weapon ammo
- Keycards: used to open doors
- Candy Bar: 100 points
- Cola Can: 200 points
- Glass of juice: 500 points
- Toffee: 1000 points
- Crock o' gold: 5000 points
Spoiler Warning! This shows the whole levels.