Missing "Link" parameter
On a few image pages a "Link" paramter is used, such as File:XkyAndroidDummy.png ("Link = Android Dummy (Keen X)") and File:XkyTankBot.png ("Link = Tank Bot (Keen X)"). However, the paramter doesn't exist in the template's code. On the Episode X page, the Android Dummy link points to the Keen 3 Android Dummy rather than the XkyKeen1 one. And there is no link for the Tank Bot at all. Could this be fixed? --Grandy02 (talk) 12:51, 5 May 2019 (UTC)
- This is intentional! To avoid having a thousands of tiny pages, it was decided some time ago that actors from fan-made mods should not have their own page - they should have all the relevant info on the single page for the mod itself. If we add a Link option, that will just encourage people to create more pages! If you find any pages for mod actors, it would be great if you could move the content back to the mod's main page. We do make some exceptions for "notable" mods, however it would probably be better if we treated all mods the same way, sticking to one page each. -- Malvineous (talk) 04:21, 13 July 2019 (UTC)
- Aha, thanks, I was not aware of that. Well, there are more than 200 "Mod Monster" pages at the moment. Very short ones like Doblu or Alte, but also longer ones such as Moley or Krodacian. How to decide which mods are "notable"? And what about articles for individual mod levels and items? --Grandy02 (talk) 18:33, 13 July 2019 (UTC)
- If I had the time I would be deleting all those "Mod Monster" pages and moving the content back to the main mod article page. The two short ones are a great example of why, and Krodacian is borderline - things like the help text don't really belong there (you can download the mod to read it, that's part of the experience). "Notable" is a difficult one to define (see Wikipedia's definition) however Krodacian could stand because the mods involving them are so well known. But I would personally still delete the page and transfer the content, to avoid people asking "why can't my mod have its own pages for each actor", which is a pretty fair question.
- The levels are a bit more complicated. Because they can often assist people who are stuck, uploading images of the full levels is encouraged. Giving them their own page is, again, something I consider unnecessary as it doesn't add much value to the mod by doing so. Again it probably comes back to the size of the page - if there is a lot of useful information then a dedicated page is probably fair, but if there's not much meaningful content then I think the articles should be deleted and the information moved back to the mod page.
- As always, I am happy to be persuaded to do things differently if there are good enough reasons for doing so, so if you think this should change feel free to explain why. I think my biggest issue is that I don't like the way the mod pages pollute the main wiki namespace, where all the pages are for the official games. If the actor/level pages were created as subpages of the mod itself then I probably wouldn't have so much of an issue with them. -- Malvineous (talk) 10:07, 14 July 2019 (UTC)
"Link" parameter for replacement info
Would it be possible to have a "Link" parameter for the name next to "replacement"? For example, in the article The Perilous Pursuit I'd like to have the term "Ice Cannon" rather than "Keen 1 Hazards" under "Shocky". --Grandy02 (talk) 15:01, 31 July 2019 (UTC)