- Need a picture of Spot from Keen 6
- Would be nice with a screenshot of Billy's mother showing her surprise upon discovering Spot for the first time
- Hmmm, I think I remembered a bit wrong -- there seems to be more than one yorp in Keen 6 demo, so it's possible it isn't Spot afterall. I'll add info about it to yorp page.
Isn't it possible that the yorp isn't named Spot? The dog bowl could belong to an unmentioned pet dog. I also think it's a bit unlikely that they went out and bought a personalized food bowl sometime between night and morning. I'm not upset with the name Spot, but there's possibility that it's not his name. --Genius314 17:15, 6 July 2007 (GMT)
- I second Genius. It might be Norp or Yorpy or something else.--Xterra1 17:50, 6 July 2007 (GMT)
- We all agree, but the only moment in which his name is mentioned in the official games is in that picture, so that's the official name until somebody comes with true proof against it. --Shadow Master 17:56, 6 July 2007 (GMT)
- And I think, as "fifí" and "fido" are generic names used in comic books for dogs, "Spot" must be the actual name given by Keen's parents to this Yorp, so we must keep it as is. Isn't it enough with mentioning how some fans call it Norp? That was already there.--Shadow Master 17:58, 6 July 2007 (GMT)
- I thought the whole joke was that Spot is a dog's name, so Keen called his Yorp Spot just like it was a pet dog. (And I don't know about the whole buying it overnight thing - they discovered the Yorp at the end of Keen 1, and we find out its name is Spot at the end of Keen 2, that's a lot of time to go dog-bowl shopping.) Besides, leaving the Keeniverse for a moment, the artist who drew that image wouldn't have bothered drawing a name on the food bowl if it wasn't meant to signify the Yorp's name. -- Malvineous 09:22, 10 July 2007 (GMT)
- Well it does seem likely that the food bowl was bought or borrowed, Keen doesn't appear to have a pet dog and thus would have to go and get a foodbowl (possibly from neighbors or from an old dog he doesn't have at present) this doesn't dictate 'Spot's' name, but there are no other indications. Spot appears to be treated like a dog, being shown tied up in the Keen 4 demo sleeping outside.(message by
- Yeah, definitely -- all the allusions to a dog and Keen asking can he keep him, as harmlessly as if he were some puppy dog, and finally the bowl, I think it's meant its name is Spot. Besides, I've always thought that one of them, probably Keen himself, hand-painted the name to the bowl, much the way it's done in cartoons and stuff. --KeenRush 16:13, 10 July 2007 (GMT)
- Oddly enough, I assumed all this business as true the first time I played Keen 1. --Shadow Master 16:18, 10 July 2007 (GMT)
Merge with Norp?
Shouldn't this article be merged with the Norp one since they refer to the same Yorp? -- DHeadshot 13:00, 17 November 2009 (GMT)
- I think you're right. We should keep a redirect from Norp to this article though. Spot is probably more of an official name for that Yorp, so the article should stay titled Spot. Tulip 21:35, 17 November 2009 (GMT)
- Agreed and Spot seems a more appropriate name anyway... -- DHeadshot 18:21, 18 November 2009 (GMT)
Right - they're merged together now. -- DHeadshot 12:58, 15 December 2009 (GMT)