Talk:High Scores (Keen 4 Level)
Well, the little project of changing the name High_Scores_(Keen4_Level) to High_Scores_(Keen_4_Level) turned out a bit bigger than I expected. And it's still not working. Why isn't this page correctly showing the file in the infobox? I clicked on the link to 'upload this file' I uploaded it, it said 'are you sure you want to overwrite' I said 'yes' and it still doesn't show up. Does anyone know what is happening here? -- CK Guy 06:08, 4 March 2008 (GMT)
- Huh. Works now. In the logs, it doesn't look like anyone changed anything. Magic. -- CK Guy 16:13, 4 March 2008 (GMT)
- The infobox pulls the filename from the article title, but sometimes it caches it and you may need to reload. Adding ?action=purge onto the end of the URL does this IIRC. Also, it's considered very bad wiki-etiquette to "steal" credit from others as you've (accidentally) ended up doing with the image thumbnails - looking at the new thumbnails you've uploaded, you'd wonder why they were only added recently. There's no indication that the image was uploaded a long time ago by someone else, so normally you should mention this in the summary, to be polite. Once you've done that, don't forget to go and delete the original image too (again, after checking that it's not used anywhere) because we don't want duplicate images floating around all over the place! (Now you see why renaming a page isn't a trivial task!) -- Malvineous 22:13, 4 March 2008 (GMT)
- I put in notes that they were originally uploaded by you, but the High_Scores_(Keen_#_Level) page still shows up on 'what links to High_Scores_(Keen#_Level).png' and not on 'what links to High_Scores_(Keen_#_Level).png'. *sigh* I admit that I did not expect the moving task to be so fiddly - I wasn't certainly planning on blatant inconsistencies to occur when I started to make this move, that's for sure!
- Also, how do I delete an uploaded file? I remember that I've seen a link somewhere before to do that, but I no longer see one ...
- Well, my little attempt to be more active in the wiki in order to eventually become a sysop and take over the world certainly has backfired. I feel pretty incompetent now. :-S -- CK Guy 01:36, 5 March 2008 (GMT)
- Deleting files might be an admin-only ability, if you can't find the link (I have a delete tab at the top of the page where the edit tab is, and in the "file history" section there's also a delete link.) I think the links you're still seeing to the image are because of the cache - if I click on "what links here" instead then it tells me no pages link to the old file - so I've gone ahead and deleted it for Keen 4, let me know if there are any issues (if not I'll do the same for k5 and k6.) And I wouldn't worry about feeling incompetent, making mistakes like this (and most importantly, learning from them) is all part of becoming a sysop :-) -- Malvineous 22:12, 5 March 2008 (GMT)