Stopping the Skypest
Benvolio simultaneously released this mod, and Vanished To Venus and Exiting Epsilon in early september 2004 as the Revenge of the Shikadi Trilogy. This multi-mod release from a previously unknown modder was an unprecedented act of publicity in the modding world.
It takes place on a fictional destroyer spacecraft called the Skypest, named after hostile creatures in Keen 4 called skypest. The story takes place after all the official Keen games, and is an interpretation of a storyline for Commander Keen created by Benvolio: Revenge Of The Shikadi.
- Graphics: custom graphics by Benvolio
- Levels: 17 levels
- includes a modified score panel, a modified EGA 16-colour pallette, use of tileinfo, internal level teleporters
- Tools used (incomplete list): ModKeen 1.0, CKPatch, KeenWright, TileInfo, Jasc Paint Shop Pro 7 and, later, 8.
- In accordance with Benvolio's policies of gameplay, there is no patch restricting the GOD or CT-SPACE cheats.
Keen lands on the Skypest, and starts to explore. He must remove four plasma crystals which are giving power to the destructive lasers that will mangle everything in the Universe. This is urgent ... and exciting. He must battle agains Shikadi, their slaves and servants and fight bravely against their laser guns. He must dodge Blaze-O-Lasers, explore huge security centres and flip many switches. When he returns successfully to his ship, he is captured and carried off to the city of Epsilon Zeta XII.
- Mortimer's Ship Parts: four coloured power cells
- Ammo for ray pistol: increase Keen's weapon ammo
- Keycards: used to open doors
- Botttle O' Soda: 100 points
- Can O' Goo: 200 points
- Strawberry Ice Cream: 500 points
- Bag O' Chips: 1000 points
- Chocolate Ice Cream: 5000 points
Spoiler Warning! This shows the whole levels.