Gameplay is aimed to play as much as possible as the original Keen 4-6 games. This means that the main person (Keen) will be able to walk, jump, use a pogo stick to jump higher, shoot and hang on ledges. The game will play like a classic platformer.
Anything not mentioned here is simply not implemented.
- Walking and slope walking
- Jumping and falling
- Using the pogo stick
- Collision detection (buggy)
- Looking/waiting/misc animations
The controls of the engine in its current state are the same as that of the original games.
- Keys left and right move Keen around the playfield.
- Key down will make Keen duck. Quack.
- Key up will make Keen look upwards.
- Ctrl will make Keen jump. Jump height is dependant on how long the ctrl key was pressed.
- Alt will activate/deactivate the pogo stick. Keen keeps on jumping low, but will blast into the air once you press ctrl during pogo mode.