This section is organised by category. If an editor supports more than one type of editing (such as graphics editing and sound editing) it will be listed under both sections.
- TED5 a DOS-based editor written by id Software
- Keen: Next a Windows-based editor developed by z-1 in 2007
- The Photachyon Transceiver a Windows-based editor developed by CK Guy in 2008
- The Omegamatic/TOM a Windows-based editor developed by Mink in 2010
- Abiathar a Windows-based editor developed by Fleexy in 2014
- EModKeen/LModKeen for extracting and reimporting graphics
- ModKeen for extracting and reimporting graphics
- Keengraph for extracting and reimporting graphics
- KeenGrout for adding/removing a grid to the Keen graphics tileset
- K5Splode for editing the galaxy explosion pattern
- KeenWave A program to import\export sounds and music, currently a beta, comes with an adlib sound player.
- AdPlug - standalone DOS program and a Winamp / XMMS plugin for playing Keen's IMF music.
- IMF2MIDI - program to convert IMF songs into MIDI files.
- DRO2MIDI - improved program based on IMF2MIDI
- DRO2IMF - program to convert DRO files to IMF files.
- IMF Creator - program to convert MIDI songs into IMF files.
Story / Game Text Editors
- ModKeen for extracting data chunks
- Keengraph for extracting data chunks
- TheDraw for editing the final text screen.
- Startext for editing the 'star wars' story and the Oracle replies
- The Neural Stunner for editing some basic patches
- LNAMES for editing level name and level entry texts
- LText for scanning and generating a text patch/pointer
- CKPatch for patching the executable files
- UNLZEXE needed to decompress the executable files
- UNP needed to decompress the executable files
Other editors and editing tools
- Ck456Tli a tile properties editor
- CK456DTli successor of Ck456Tli
- Galactile successor of Ck456Tli
- GalaxyView a level viewer for Keen Galaxy
- Instant Carma
- Fixmhead needed to fix 'maphead.ck4' in TED5
- TEDSetup for making files compatibe with TED5
- WDC for editing sound effects, music and text files
- For details on the file formats used by the games, see the Commander Keen 4-6 section on the ModdingWiki.
- There is a list of patches that can be incorporated into mods to change the game's behaviour.