This section is organised by category. If an editor supports more than one type of editing (such as level editing and graphics editing) it will be listed under both sections.
- KeenWave A program to import\export sounds and music, currently a beta, comes with an adlib sound player.
- AdPlug - standalone DOS program and a Winamp / XMMS plugin for playing Keen's IMF music.
- IMF2MIDI - program to convert IMF songs into MIDI files.
- DRO2MIDI - improved program based on IMF2MIDI
- DRO2IMF - program to convert DRO files to IMF files.
- IMF Creator - program to convert MIDI songs into IMF files.
Story / Game Text Editors
- ModKeen For extracting data chunks
- Keengraph For extracting data chunks
- TheDraw for editing the final text screen.
- Startext for making text patches
Other editors and editing tools
- Instant Carma
- The Neural Stunner
- UNLZEXE, needed to decompress the executable files
- UNP, needed to decompress the executable files
- Wolf Data Compiler (WDC)
- For details on the file formats used by the games, see the Commander Keen 4-6 section on the ModdingWiki.
- There is a list of patches that can be incorporated into mods to change the game's behaviour.