Benvolio simultaneously released this mod, and Vanished To Venus and Stopping the Skypest in early september 2004 as the Revenge of the Shikadi Trilogy. This multi-mod release from a previously unknown modder was an unprecedented act of publicity in the modding world.
It takes place on a fictional planed called Epsilon Zeta, on which Mortimer McMire has a privately owned city. Epsilon Zeta is also a setting for Benvolio's fifth mod, Thwarting Mort. The story takes place after all the official Keen games, and is an interpretation of a storyline for Commander Keen created by Benvolio: Revenge Of The Shikadi.
- Graphics: custom graphics by Benvolio
- Levels: 23 levels
- includes a modified score panel, a modified EGA 16-colour pallette, use of tileinfo, internal level teleporters
- Tools used (incomplete list): ModKeen 1.0, CKPatch, KeenWright, TileInfo, Jasc Paint Shop Pro 7 and, later, 8.
- In accordance with Benvolio's policies of gameplay, there is no patch restricting the GOD or CT-SPACE cheats.
Keen is brought to a prison in Mortimer's personal city. He breaks out of his prison and is free to explore the city. Mortimer then contacts him and tells him that he has stolen eight of Keen's most prized possesions. Keen must now travel to eight machines and remove his possesions from the threat. He can explore factories, skyscrapers, docks and palaces. He must face Mortimer's army of Thugs and strange Bacteria, while eating pears and toffees.
- Ammo for ray pistol: increase Keen's weapon ammo
- Keygems: used to open doors
- Fresh Pears: 100 points
- Cookie: 200 points
- Chocolate: 500 points
- Candy Toffee: 1000 points
- Cheesey Crisps: 5000 points