Crash on Gobo III
Crash on Gobo III is a Keen 1 mod produced by Ceilick. It was the first mod released by him. He never finished it, some of the levels are still the original levels from Keen 1, but they're still playable because the game didn't change the original tileinfos. In fact most of the graphics are mere recolored original tiles. This mod is the first part in the unfinished "Invasion of the Yorps" trilogy by Ceilick
- Part of the "Invasion of the Yorps" trilogy.
- Tileset: Edited Keen 1 graphics, partly graphics from Episode X and Yorphius II
- Sprite animation frames: new sprites, one recoloured monster from Yorphius II, one from Keen 2
- Miscellaneous bitmaps: 1 set, complete, new
- Story text: partial continuity to Planet Destruction
- Levels: 10 regular levels, 1 worldmap
- Tools used (incomplete list): ModKeen, KeenEdit, KeenWright, Patchinator, Patch-Loading Utility, Paint, Notepad
A remastered version was later released by Unfleexable. The Map Level is reshaped here to only contain the nine modified levels of the game. Further all the levels were slightly modified, and are now mostly harder, with more Monsters in them.
Billy Blaze, eight year-old genius, was flying through space when his ship, the Bean-with-Bacon Megarocket, started to move out of control. It was headed for the planet Gobo III, a strange jungle planet. After crashing on the planet keen finds that four parts are broken and he must find them to get off the planet. He grabs his brothers foot ball helmet and his neural stunner and becomes...
COMMANDER KEEN--defender of the Universe!
Keen started searching for the parts he needed when he came upon a strange sign. It said " Find Keen and kill him" "so" keen thinks. " Whoever controlled my ship towards the planet wants me dead." Keen sets out toward the nearest city to find the parts he needs.
|Goban: The native inhabitants of the planet Gobo III are called Gobans. They are non violent, blue creatures. No need to fear them. (Yorp replacement)|
|Goban Beast: Compared to the harmless Goban the Goban Beast is a dangerous beast, that will devour everything in its way. (Garg replacement)|
|A brown Ancient Beast: There is a variety of the Ancient Beast exported from Yorphius II to Gobo III as part of the Yorp's plan to kill Keen. The change in fur color is attributed to the environment of Gobo III. (Vorticon Guard replacement)|
|Goban Meep: The Goban Meeps are a variety of the Meep that are fortunately mute. They cause less havoc than their cousins, but are often found groups, which can get very annoying (Butler Robot replacement)|
|Yorp Assassin Droid: The Yorps stranded Keen on planet Gobo III, because the wanted him dead. They sent these Assassin Droids to make sure he really dies. They are technically similar to the Guard Robot, less armed but with a better homing sensor. (Tank Robot replacement)|
There are four vital spaceship parts that Keen must get in this game:
- Coolant box: To cool off the engine.
- Air generator: To supply air to the Bean-with-Bacon.
- Power generator: gives the Bean-with-Bacon power.
- Fuel regulator: Keeps fuel flowing through pipes.
Spoiler Warning! This shows the whole levels. These are only the modified levels of the remastered version.